Some buckets can be hard to pump from, if they don’t have the right type of lid. Here is any easy to do tip that will eliminate this and make pumping and set up so much easier.
- Take any standard 5 or 6 gallon bucket lid; most are interchangeable. Try it out on several of your buckets to make sure it fits okay.
- Cut a 2.25” hole in the lid, starting about 1/2’” (13mm) out from the inside rim. Use a Xacto knife, box knife or a saber saw. A Hole Saw works great if you have one.
- The large threaded end of the pump should just barely screw into this. It will be tight. If to tight, file or cut just a little more but you want it to thread into it snugly.
- Now screw the large ring that came with the pump onto the other side, pinching the lid between the pump and the ring.
- You’re done! Now all you have to do is take the lid off the bucket you want to pump from and snap this one down, pump and all. The pump is firmly locked into place.